Significant volatility brings significant opportunity and Gentai Capital Corporation believes the time for this opportunity is now. We are looking for a Vice President, Origination to join our team based in Vancouver. Your primary responsibility will be to originate commercial mortgages in the BC, Alberta, or Ontario Markets. As an Originator, you will have exclusive access to the Gentai Capital Corporation funds. Your role will focus on advancing the Company as the leading provider of non-prime residential and commercial mortgages by proactively selling and marketing Gentai’s products. Your focus is on real-estate mortgage origination, building, and maintaining client relationships. This position is available to be based in Vancouver and will likely be mobile in nature.
This role presents the opportunity for significant earning potential allowing the successful candidate material earnings with no limit at Gentai Capital Corporation. You will become part of a winning and seasoned commercial and single-family mortgage team. If you have solid contacts and strong networking skills in the industry, you should consider this role. You will utilize your non-prime residential and commercial mortgage skills, your ability to manage conditions of credit, regulatory compliance experience, and sound decision-making skills to adjudicate “non-prime” and “non-conforming” mortgage applications. You are dynamic and like to challenge and grow your career.
Skills and Experience:
- Proven strong communicator with an ability to problem-solve, negotiate and manage conflict
- Experienced in creating and delivering business presentations and public speaking
- Undergraduate degree in one of the following disciplines: finance, economics, urban land development, accounting or business administration
- Minimum 5+ years’ experience in single-family and commercial mortgage lending at a mortgage investment corporation, equivalent or a major Financial Institution
- An entrepreneurial mindset able to create flexible financing solutions for borrowers
- Demonstrate sound credit judgment
- Ability to provide alternate solutions based on product availability
- Possess the ability to understand financial statements
- Have your Mortgage Broker License or obtain one immediately